Our 2020/2021 Annual Report
LGB Terms of Reference
The below is not an exhaustive list but shows the role of the Local Governing Body which is broadly to:
- Seek to understand and question how the school is led and managed, acting as a critical friend: the school Headteacher/Head of School will report on how the school is fulfilling the Trust’s ethos, vision, and strategy.
- Act as the panel when reviewing the school Headteacher/Head of School’s decisions on exclusions, and other committees as required.
- Be the consultative body for the school’s stakeholders.
- Represent the school’s stakeholders.
- Forge links with the community and provide a vehicle for Trust board engagement with the school, its parents and local community, to help ensure that the Academy Trustees stay connected.
- Act as an ambassador for the school.
- Monitor and challenge, reporting on concerns from the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to the Trustees Educational Standards Committee.
- Bring issues and risks to the attention of the Trust Board.
- Provide constructive feedback to the Board where a policy may not be effective in the local context, and suggest alternative approaches.
- Help ensure the Trust works as one entity, in the interests of all its schools equally.
- Deal with any other matters which the Board of Trustees may refer from time to time.
- Report to the Board of Trustees annually on members contribution and the impact of the LGB.
- Ensure value for money is being achieved from school budgets. (This does not include formal financial accountability which is delegated to the CFOO).
- Provide a consultative forum for the school for the implementation of new policies and procedures.
- For church schools, to monitor and support the Christian distinctiveness and church ethos of the school.
- Make recommendations to the Trust board on pay progression for teaching staff.
- Act as the panel for salaries, complaints and pupil and staff disciplinary/dismissal committees.
Every school within the Marches Academy Trust has a Local Governing Body.
All current and prospective Governors should have read the Marches Academy Trust Governor’s Handbook, the Governor Code of Conduct and Scheme of Delegation*.
*These documents contain further information on the duties and responsibilities of our Governors.
The Local Governing Body is composed of the following Governors:
Parent Governors – two per Local Governing Body
Parent Governor elections are carried out when the term for the current Parent Governor(s) expires / if a Parent Governor resigns / when a school joins the Marches Academy Trust.
More information on the role of Parent Governor can be found in the Governance Handbook.
When the number of nominations for Parent Governors exceeds the number of vacancies, a ballot will take place.
Staff Governors – one per Local Governing Body
Staff Governor elections are carried out when the term for the current Staff Governor expires / if a Staff Governor resigns / when a school joins the Marches Academy Trust.
Staff Governors are just the same as any other Governor, although it is important to note that they are representative of staff, not staff representatives.
If you would be interested in joining the Local Governing Body, or have any questions regarding any of the above, please contact Bee Lopez Bloor, Clerk to the Trust’s Boards, in the first instance – firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click here to enlarge – Longlands Register of Business and Pecuniary Interests
|Category||Name||Link Governor Role|
|Chair of Governors (community)||Ms Kevin Lee||Quality of Education|
|Community Governor||Mrs Linda Scott||Safeguarding and SEND|
|Community Governor||Mrs Jane Dunnaway||Personal Development|
|Parent Governor||Mrs Pauline Andre||Leadership and Management|
|Parent Governor||Mrs Rachel Faul||Behaviour and Attitudes|
|Staff Governor||Mrs Natasha Lloyd||Early Years|
Clerk to Governors
Longlands Primary | Chair of Local Governing Board
Please mark correspondence:
Mr Kevin Lee – Chair of the Local Governing Board
Longlands Primary School
If you would like to read the Local Governing Body’s meeting minutes please contact Bee Lopez Bloor, Clerk to the Trust’s Boards in the first instance: email@example.com